Date of Restoration
Narrative and photos describing the Houghton Garrison House "showing the three stages of occupation-all ancient and built on land that John Prescott, the Founder of Lancaster, sold to Ralph Houghton in 1669."
"This late 1600s Garrison is thought to be the oldest remaining house in Harvard. A Garrison was a small heavily fortified house where early settlers would gather in times of danger. It remained in the Houghton family for six generations and then became home to the Sprague family for over three generations." -- From the Harvard Album, p.76.
204 West Bare Hill Road, Harvard, Massachusetts
Items in the "Anne W. Baker Collection," at Roger Williams University Libraries Archives (Bristol, Rhode Island) may be protected under copyright law. They may only be used for educational, teaching, and learning purposes. If intended use is beyond these purposes, it is the responsibility of the user to obtain the appropriate copyright permissions.
late 17th Century
"Houghton-Sprague House: Period Details to Houghton Garrison House" (2022). Documentation. 163.