The small, one-and-a-half-story house, built around 1710, with its stone central chimney and a gambrel roof, originally stood in Westport, Massachusetts. The Newport Restoration Foundation (NRF) purchased the house in 1977, disassembled it, and relocated it to William Street.

Coggeshall House 001: Exterior in Westport

Coggeshall House 001: Exterior in Westport

Coggeshall House: Anne Baker's Notes

Coggeshall House 002: North Side with Ell

Coggeshall House 002: North Side with Ell

Coggeshall House 004: Exterior Before Dismantling

Coggeshall House 004: Exterior Before Dismantling

Coggeshall House 005: Exterior showing the West and East Split

Coggeshall House 005: Exterior showing the West and East Split

Coggeshall House 035: Room B - Fireplace

Coggeshall House 035: Room B - Fireplace

Coggeshall House 040: Joists

Coggeshall House 040: Joists

Coggeshall House 060: Feathered Boards

Coggeshall House 060: Feathered Boards

Coggeshall House 075: Cellar Entry

Coggeshall House 075: Cellar Entry

Coggeshall House 090: Room B Window

Coggeshall House 090: Room B Window

Coggeshall House 095: South Side, Interior

Coggeshall House 095: South Side, Interior

Coggeshall House 105: Stairwell from Underside

Coggeshall House 105: Stairwell from Underside